Monday, September 12, 2011

Analysis of Politico

The blog site I chose to assess is Politico’s blog sites.  Politico is a web-site I look at on a regular basis.  My favorite things about the site are that is mostly only about Politics and they provide coverage of many issues, including issues and stances of politicians at the State Level.  I also really like that Politico offers links to all of the authors favorite blog links.  A disadvantage of the blog is that of all blog sites.  The blog represents and authors opinion and can be biased, but I think Politico does a good job of balancing the opinions.  The articles appear to be fair and balanced and represent a spectrum of opinions and has an excellent variety of stances on the issues and always provides insight into issues I haven’t thought of and allows me to think about issues in ways I haven’t before, and I really enjoy that!  The blog site is highly interactive and very user friendly and you can provide comments on each of the blogs.  The archives are easily found and as I mentioned above there are many links to other blog sites, which is great for a variety of opinions.  The site appeals to those not familiar with politics because of the user-friendly site and highly interactive pages.  It is very easy to use and find information.  Blogging sites can influence public opinion because they provide an analysis of politics and opinions that readers can process and use to take their stands on issues, and for this reason it is important to provide accurate and balanced information. 

1 comment: